The focus in this area for me has been on Supplier Performance Management (SPM);
- To manage key suppliers – assuring their performance and expanding our supplier network’s capabilities.
- To ensure all key suppliers have the correct SPM framework and controls in place – from on-boarding through to in-life service support.
- To provide insight and consultancy on supplier performance management – to ensure SPM best practice across the team.
- To support high level critical escalations that could impact my company’s reputation and customer relationships.
- The 3 pillars to successful SPM are;
- Focus on Root Cause Analysis – Increase focus on root cause analysis of escalations to drive down overall volumes. This will require a move away from operational management of individual escalations to create oxygen for RCA.
- Drive Cycle Time Improvement – Drive sustainable improvement in delivery cycle time by focusing on the top suppliers that have the most impact.
- Partnership with our Stakeholders – Work even more closely with our key stakeholders; procurement, service delivery, service assurance, global access and account teams to improve overall cycle time, reduce service failures and improve our costs.
Procurement is obviously a different function, and what broadly is covered in this function is described below;
- Sourcing strategy & supplier selection
- Defining and capturing requirements that are to be delivered by a supplier
- Contract negotiations and agreement
- Lead sign on and sign off for supplier deals
- Manage the formal contract handover to the contract manager