The focus in this area for me has been on Supplier Performance Management (SPM);
- To manage key suppliers – assuring their performance and expanding our supplier network’s capabilities.
- To ensure all key suppliers have the correct SPM framework and controls in place – from on-boarding through to in-life service support.
- To provide insight and consultancy on supplier performance management – to ensure SPM best practice across the team.
- To support high level critical escalations that could impact my company’s reputation and customer relationships.
- The 3 pillars to successful SPM are;
- Focus on Root Cause Analysis – Increase focus on root cause analysis of escalations to drive down overall volumes. This will require a move away from operational management of individual escalations to create oxygen for RCA.
- Drive Cycle Time Improvement – Drive sustainable improvement in delivery cycle time by focusing on the top suppliers that have the most impact.
- Partnership with our Stakeholders – Work even more closely with our key stakeholders; procurement, service delivery, service assurance, global access and account teams to improve overall cycle time, reduce service failures and improve our costs.
Procurement is obviously a different function, and what broadly is covered in this function is described below;
- Sourcing strategy & supplier selection
- Defining and capturing requirements that are to be delivered by a supplier
- Contract negotiations and agreement
- Lead sign on and sign off for supplier deals
- Manage the formal contract handover to the contract manager
Summary IoT is one of the most disruptive trends in IT over the past 10 years, and more disruptions await. CIOs planning ahead of the [...]
Eighty five per cent of global banks cite the implementation of a digital transformation programme as a business priority for 2018, according to a new [...]